Knowledge and Experience:
- FPGA system development with a mixture
of self developed logic, soft processors and other IP-blocks.
- 32-bit RISC, DSP and microcontrollers of
many different architectures.
- Analog and digital electronics in
- PCI bridges. Hardware and Software.
- Network Hardware and Software including
Ethernet and high speed interfaces.
- CCD / CMOS camera interface implemented in FPGA. Real-time graphics / warping [Example 1][Example 2]
- Video related electronics. Digital video
- Development of emulators for
- Sonar and laser related sub-sea
- Interfacing GSM moduls.
- Development of Real-Time Operating
Systems and applications. [here]
- Web Servers providing user interface for
embedded systems. [here]
- Deep TCP/IP knowledge. Applications
based on OpenTCP.
- Linux programming. A lean webserver.
- Linux Device Drivers.
- Embedded Linux. Xilinx Zynq
- GSM moduls for data transmission (TCP/IP
- Parallel processing and distributed
- Cryptography with DES and RSA.
- Analog and digital signal processing
including image processing.
- Programming in C, C++, Ada, Java
- Java Applets and Applications.
- The following standards have been used
in development: ISO 9000, AQAP-14.
- Safety Critical Systems for Aviation,
Hardware and Software (Ada). Standard: RTCA/DO-178B (Software
Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification).
Some recent projects:
Sensorlink: Development of a new generation ultrasonic instrument.
Conax: Development of an Ethernet interface for 8 Smartcards.
- Tordivel: Development of a light and exposure trig unit (Stinger Interface).
- Hittite Norway: Hittite designs and develops high performance ICs, modules, subsystems and instrumentation. Their A/D converters are developed in Norway.
Nilsen Elektronikk has development FPGA logic for embedded SPI Flash update, with Java driver for the evaluation boards.
Sensorlink: Updating the FPGA inside the ultrasonic instrument.
Jetro: Developing an EPLD for controlling a Brushless DC Motor.
- Indra (former Park Air Systems): GBAS, a Safety Critical GPS-based satellite landing
system for airports. Development of CPU card and FPGA logic. The
FPGA contains a self developed VGA graphics controller with block-fill
and block-move functions.
Seatex: An instrument containing many FPGAs, Responsible for electronic HW, FW and SW.
Development of card with CPU and radio modules for Differential GPS.
Seatex: Linux software for serial interfaces
(common API with other platforms).
Vinghøg: A Real-time
Video processing system with many FPGAs.
Software for the Seapos, Differential GPS module with network interface,
web server etc. Software for the DGPS Demodulator with network and user
interface. Both based on Rabbit modules
Xepto: SW updating.
Interfacing a new GSM module to the LOS cargo tracking device.
Upgrading RTOS and software for the Seapath.
Development of the digital part of a Modem with Ethernet (TCP/IP and
UDP) interface for
the Hotel TV system. OpenTCP is
Burgler sensor for dynamite containers together with necessary test and
- Park Air Systems: A switch unit for Park Air Systems' fully-digital GAREX 220 Voice
Communication Control System.
Metal detector and USB node for Recycling Centre. The card contains a
CCD camera. Tomra offers systems
for recovering packaging for reuse and recycling.
Production test equipment.
Cargoscan: Low cost
PCI card Frame Grabber for Line camera. A FPGA implements PCI bridge,
soft processor, 40 Mpix/sec camera interfaces and DSP functions.
Dedicated logic provides real-time image enhancements.
Stepper motor controller and light control system for vision purposes.
- Park Air Systems: Park Air Systems' fully-digital GAREX 220 Voice
Communication Control System represents the state of the art within
Air Traffic Control voice switching systems. Task: Development of two
different Line Cards containing DSP, FPGA and Codecs. The equipment is
- Spagat: Plugged into the Scart connector,
the "Crabat" Mobile Picture Viewer
enables users of Bluetooth and MMS compatible Mobile Phones to
instantly explore images and sound on any TV set. Contribution:
Video processing HW and SW.
Linux Device Driver for a dual Composite Video PCI card. (The
card is a recent project.)
VCR Controller with Ethernet Interface. A simple and inexpensive
widget with UDP support.
Park Air Systems: NM8000, a Safety Critical GPS-based Satellite Landing
System. Development of about 7 of the cards inside including SW
drivers in Ada.
PCI-card with TV-tuner used to read teletext from all TV-channels for
the Hotel TV system.
Norwegian company developing, manufacturing and selling power
supplies. Contribution: SW development. Applications and OS.
Otrum: Development of the digital part of a PCI Modem
for the Hotel TV system. Intel i960VH is used.
Otrum: Development of a menu image distributing system
for the hotel-TV system. Images are read from the host PC memory and
routed by a digital network to graphics cards. See photos below.
Otrum: Development of a Digital video encoder/decoder
using line rotation for scrambling. Scrambling information is carried
in the video signal. A DES-like cryptography method using 64-bits keys
Telecast: Contribution in the development of a
digital audio mixer for broadcast. Task: Parallel processing and
Tandberg Television ASA: Real-time software development to control an array of
Innovation: Development of a Reader/Writer for Magnetic Cards
with TCP/IP and RS232 interface.
The RTOS "proc"
and the Boot&Debug monitor "nemon" are used in some of the projects.